Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh Singapore

After leaving Singapore, flying over top of the tiny island, I had some time to think and reflect on my time there. 

The things that I will miss most about Singapore:

Infocus Asia: 
Going Away Party with my peeps!
 Infocus was an amazing place to work and spend my days.  Great people and the job was fun too.  SHOUT OUT to all the awesome people at Infocus Asia!  Cheack out the awesome site and FB page

Chewy Juniors
 CHEWY JUNIORS!  These things are fantastic!  They are chewy on the outside and the cream in the middle is delightful!  I hope one day these tasty little treats will end up in Vancouver!
 
Chicken Rice
I really enjoyed the national dish of Singapore: Chicken Rice.  As simple as it is, I was impressed.  There are three key elements: the chicken, the sauce, and the rice.  The chicken needs to be moist with not too much fat on it.  The sauce: Jenn and I preferred it to be most salty than sweet with a some heat behind it.  The rice needs to be soft but not over cooked and full of flavour.  The flavour is made from the broth the rice is boiled in. 

Merlion
But the thing that I will miss most of all is the merlion.  It's elegance and beauty is memerizing.  I must say that if every city were to add a merlion to it, it would be a better and safer place!  LONG LIVE MERLION!

Thank you Singapore you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment