Saturday, February 12, 2011

Recent obsessions: Ukulele



A recent obsession of mine has been playing my ukulele.  Jenn got it for me about a year ago and I haven't really playing it at least at home in Vancouver.  However while being unemployed in Singapore, I have been able to start consistently practicing. The inspiration to play everyday came from another amazing House of Ten entry (the link will take you right to the entry I am referring to).  I discovered Jerry Sienfield's wonderful way of getting good at something: practice everyday and mark it on a calender. 

I have wanted to play ukulele ever since I first step on Hawaiian soil back in 1997 for the first time.  I fell in love with the chill, hang loose attitude that Hawaii encompasses.  And the ukulele has always been a representation of that outlook.

I am proud to say that I still suck, but at least I don't suck as bad as when I first started! Improvement is the first step to being awesome!

Here is a video of a wonderful man playing a wonderful song on his ukulele:


Here is another wonder player of the ukulele:


She is actually playing for the Bushman Music Ukulele Video Contest, which anyone in the world can join.  I hope to one be able to feel like I am good enough to enter this contest.  Not win, oh no... just feel I am worthy of entering would be awesome!

P.S. I know my link colour sucks, but blogger design template is still not working yet so I am not able to change the colour, SORRY!

1 comment:

  1. Mika's learning the ukelele at school. You guys can jam when you're back.

    ReplyDelete